Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dancing Pathos

They say Dancing comes naturally to a person.... if that's from the text book then what am I? Test tube baby? coz... dance is one of those many things that denies to come to me naturally! They say let go your body to the easy flow of the music; let it sway to the meandering ups and downs of the music... I know it's not that easy for me. It has never been. But what can you do? Not dancing in any Happy Event invariably conveys that you are not at all happy with the event. Some may even hail you as a futile person slumped in deep dejection. They corner you with incessant urges, threats, pleas, appeals etc. And you can tell from the hostile glares of your mom from around that it is about time you get on to the fields or else they will oust you and your family from the society en masse.

So, now there I am in the middle. after all those budges I have uncomfortably managed to be the important person (or a dancer as they stare at me now... as if I had promised them a good dance show beforehand and so are they now anticipating) among them all. but when the stage is set with people around looking up to me to begin or at least feign involvement in the Happy Event (that is in no way or in any way associated with dance), all my body can do is prancing (thudding, given the kilos I weigh now).... no matter how hard I try to infuse it with a grace it always falls short by miles, ends up with all bounce but dance.
The unruly limbs frantically rejects commands of its master and raise concern among the Happy Crowd. And there the same crowd again who now laugh their guts out at me, at my dance. There the same host of people who minutes ago was dying to see me dancing, now keeping me from jumping any more to elude death. And there the same mom again... more raged coupled with embarrassment... looking stealthily at her audacious son...(as to her I am an expert at everything and this was nothing but an act of defiance!!!).

6 comments:

  1. for every mother her child is unique... an expert... but i strongly disagree to it as an act of defiance, and the stealthy looks... can never be for one's kid's not so good performance but a self realization of 'i didn't do enough for him' or 'may be there was a lack in my support and encouragement...'

    and of course the blues are by default volatile... for each and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @A Walk Down The Lane: yeah! i know she is sweet, she's the one who has ingrained all that is good in me. and seriously...if she thinks the way u said it, I would then say to her, "support, care,love and encouragement was all that I got from you (and still obtaining very much the same way)... could I have asked for more."

    And yes! they are volatile and dissipate quite easily with every words in this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You exagerate. I can understand that you may not know tango or samba or a waltz, but what is called dance today is just standing and moving some part of your body in whatever order! It doesn't need a talent does it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sunil Deepak: the kind of event I wrote about demands much more than just some gentle movements... of the appendages....and moreover they do not consider toddling a dance at any cost....
    and finding rhythm out of it and move to them has always perplexed me. :(

    and thanx for your comment....

    ReplyDelete
  5. dancing is almost an impossible task for me. so i can totally empathise with you. they say bad dancers have two left foot. i am left footed and left handed anyway, so that makes me have two right foot and a bad dancer, which is really phenomenally sad :|

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Olive Oyl: glad you understood me (sob sob). though right handed i feel like an amputee when such sword of Damocles fall upon me. :0

    ReplyDelete